Monday, July 9, 2012

Thoughts on Alma 49

At a first glance this appears to be a war chapter and seeing as I am not actively engaged in war has little to do with me. Or am I??? I think that this could easily be seen as a blueprint for the war against sin. In vs. 3 it talks about how the invading Lamanites had destroyed the city once because of the iniquity of the people and they supposed it would be easy prey for them. But Moroni had made their weak places strong(vs14). Are you making your weak places strong? It is clear that the devil has a firm determination to destory you(vs 13)? Do you know the things the devil does to try and make you sin? What things are you most likely to do wrong? These are your weak places. How can you make them strong? You need to build a wall so high he can't get you(vs.4) What other parallels do you see in this chapter?

No comments:

Post a Comment